Your privacy is important to Treats for Joy. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Treats for Joy collects, and the ways in which it uses that personal information.
Personal Information Collection
Treats for Joy may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- At Treatsforjoy.com, upon ordering, you will provide your name and contact details. That is the only information we have for you and all we need to operate the TreatsforJoy Website; we do not collect any information on other visitors to the website;
- We use third third-party vendors, identified below, to help with the processing of your payment. We never see your full credit card number, which is handled through Stripe;
- If you participate in the Comment Sections, you will create additional user-generated content, which is used for the Comment Sections only. However, we expressly reserve the right to tap on ideas discussed in the Comment Sections for follow up blog on the Treatsforjoy website.
Legal Basis for Collection of Information
Treatsforjoy asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
When you sign up for any other account at Treatsforjoy.com, you provide explicit consent for Treatsforjoy to collect the above listed personal information.
If you enter an agreement with Treatsforjoy.com for the provision of services in exchange for payment, Treatsforjoy.com will be required to collect the above listed personal information.
Finally, Treatsforjoy.com may have additional legitimate interests, including account maintenance and administrative purposes, for the collection of the above listed personal information.
Using Personal Information
Treatsforjoy may use your personal information to:
- administer Treatsforjoy.com;
- personalize the website for you by displaying your name or changing the appearance of the website according to your settings if you log in;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where Treatsforjoy discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. Except for the third-party vendors that collect your data separately when you sign up and pay, Treatsforjoy has never shared any of its user data with any third parties.
Treatsforjoy uses the following data processors with respect to the personal information collected:
Data Retention Policy
Securing Your Data
Treatsforjoy will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. If Treatsforjoy stores any of your data, it will do so on secure servers.
Be advised that Treatsforjoy does not actively monitor Treatsforjoy comment sections for disclosure of any personal information you may post in any user-generated content. If you need assistance, you may contact Treatsforjoy with the contact information below.
Cross-border Data Transfers
In addition, personal information that you post to the Treatsforjoy.com comment sections will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the Website. If you are under 16, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 16 is allowed to provide any personal information to or on Treatsforjoy. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
Treatsforjoy seeks to fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Pursuant to this regulation, you have the following rights on this website:
- Right to be forgotten: You may cancel your account at any time. If you wish your data to be permanently deleted, you may contact us at [email protected] and it will be deleted within 72 hours.
- Right to object: We have never performed any data science projects on user data and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If, at some point in the future we determine a use for any sort of data science project on our user data, we will notify you in writing before doing so. In that event you may remove your contact data from any such project by emailing us at [email protected] with the subject line “Opt Out of Data Science”.
- Right to access and rectification: You can contact us at [email protected] at any time to access copies of all user data we retain for you. We will remove, update, or change any personal information about you from our servers immediately upon your request.
- Right of portability: We only retain your name and contact details. Nevertheless, we will provide that information to you upon your request.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, if located in the European Union, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
Updating This Statement
Treatsforjoy.com contains links to other websites and embedded links to other content on the Internet, such as instagram and facebook. Treatsforjoy is not responsible for the contents of those third party websites or responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.